Wednesday 11 February 2009

The book.

Ive lost count of how many practice prints Ive done, so I went ahead with the settings on my printer all sorted, the stock sat perfectly in the printer and what I thought was everything sorted, printed fine, until I came to trim..


Vertical alignment was perfect throughout but the horizontal wasn't in a few places, I think this is the worst example in the entire book, where you can see around 4mm of the wrong page in the gutter. Not a happy bunny. To be off by a weird amount, I dont think it was down to the documents themselves, they were laid out properly, I think it may of been down to the paper feed on the printer. As this wasnt a duplex printer, it doesn't know the the paper will need to be reloaded into the printer. I think it was just pot luck and unfortunately it hasn't worked a couple of times.

Some pages came out perfect which I'm really happy about, it looks quite tidy.

Some pages Ive got away with just but still not to the standard I wanted.

The additional folds look quite good, and alignment hasn't been too much of an issue with these (the pages were 85 mm wide instead of the book pages which were 95 mm) 

The book bound with staples, (which wasn't a problem), I thought staples would look untidy but it doesn't I quite like it. For the final hand-in i will have this book, layouts of each page spread, and a net layout of the outer packaging. With problems with printing on a large scale only until recent. I think i will print the net at full size eventually, for personal reasons.

No comments: