Thursday 22 January 2009

Book of 100- statement of intent.

Focus- 100 Drinks, originally colour samples but now drinks from around the world.

Research- I started originally with colour samples of drinks, trying to get an over head view of drinks to show the differences between shades and colours in different drinks. I collected a sample of images with this is mind but found problems with defining the differences in the colour. Only if the drinks were in the same lighting conditions could you determine the difference between the drinks. So, from my research I found 100 different types of soft drink, from all around the world, and documented the name, origin, flavour and an image of the soft-drink itself. From this research I documented the packaging and outlined each individual bottle to show the differences, aswell as exploring new packaging styles and different examples from places such as LovelyPackage. 
As additional research, and a development from the inital 'sub brief' book idea, I have explored into nutritional information, health risks, news reports, advice and contents of softdrinks to reveal facts and figures about drinks, as the new 100. Taken from the crit I found very useful, 'what's inside' was the title I worked from, to produce the evidence.

Method- The final product should be based in a digital form, and produced in Indesign, whereas the book will hopefully take a new role, combining packaging to reveal the book inside (I will post images on the next post to show progress) inspired from the 'Shelf life' book of brands.
Because the book will be mainly based on facts, there will be plenty of typography along with either illustrations or photography complimenting the fact, which is undecided and will be explored.

Evaluation- Crits, and design sheets, I working largely on sheets and my trusty notebook, to take down ideas.

No comments: