Thursday 29 January 2009

STATEMENT update.

Hello! quick update from the crit I had earlier today which I think went really well. Got some good feedback about the direction I should take the book, and how it should look. After progressing from just bottle visuals, the main focus of the book will be of 'whats inside' the drinks, revealing the truths about what is inside the average softdrink. The main 100 will now be of facts and statistics for drinks and their effects on health. Originally I wanted to just show the effects of drinks on how bad they are, one sided.. but now to keep the arguement balanced and not put people off completely, Im going to include facts and figures about water and healthier alternatives, which should work pretty well. Browsin' on t'web I found some splash images of water here which I thought about including towards my work. When you see drinks in frosted glasses and loads of ice splashing into the glass, it makes it look really nice and makes you want to drink it.. I thought something like this for on the cover to tempt you in but then show you the facts so you think twice.. nice little twist? Might not make sense now, but it will when I do it. Originally I wanted a gif on here to show the drink pouring, that didnt work so ol' fashion photos will have to do. 

Now I know why I bought a light box and two lamps to university with me.. 




My favourite. The size does justify them.. 
^ Click dat fool. ^

Mmm diet coke. Shame it has Aspartame which can cause cancer.

No comments: